These are a fun twist on the traditional mince pie but also so simple and pleasurable to make.
We love how the puff pastry compliments the flavours of the mincemeat and the sweet Golden Syrup glaze makes them irresistibly moreish that one is never enough. They are much lighter than typical mince pies and not nearly as crumbly. 🤗 Enjoy everyone!
300g ready rolled puff pastry or handmade rough-puff pastry
160g homemade mincemeat, or shop bought if you prefer (we're not fussy!)
Zest of 1 orange (optional)
1 tbsp milk
Golden syrup to glaze
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan ovens 160°C) and line 2 baking trays with 2 sheets of greaseproof paper
2) Roll-out pastry sheet and cut into 8 x 10x10cm squares
3) Cut 3cm in from each corner of the squares
4) Place a heaped tablespoon of the filling into the centre of each square
5) Lightly brush a little milk on to each triangle corner then bring together alternating triangles into the centre and press the ends of the pastry together with your finger
6) Brush the top gently with Gold Syrup to give it that gorgeous glaze
7) Lightly grate Orange zest over the top
8) Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
9) Sit down, pour yourself a mulled wine and enjoy warm from the oven 💙
If you give these a go, share them on social media and tag us so we can see!